To Change Everything, We Need Everyone - PCM

As a Hoosier, I once felt like I had no company in Indiana when it came to the climate crisis. Living in a small-town/rural setting left me feeling that there were few others who understood the severity of the times we are living in, much less were as passionate about this most pressing of all issues as I am. I had friends who "got" it in a way, but they were all able to remove themselves from the crisis mode I find myself living in day in and day out. (Honestly, I have long been jealous of the ability of others to shut out the horror and just focus on living their lives.) Unfortunately, I am not able to "turn off" my awareness - and I thought that perhaps I was the only one who constantly felt this overwhelming weight.

Turns out, I am far from alone in my quest to "save the world" in Indiana. And, honestly, I was far from being the only small-town/rural Hoosier who have these feelings, too. In fact, now that my work revolves around environmental advocacy, I have met countless individuals who care deeply about the climate crisis and are dedicated to finding solutions right here in our state. And I am thrilled to say that we are planning an event to bring all of them together.

Saturday, April 29th - one week after Earth Day - there are marches planned all across our nation and the world to demand climate action and to stand up to the inaction of the Trump administration. I am honored to be working with a phenomenal coalition of other concerned individuals and organizations to help coordinate a People's Climate March right here in Indiana. And I am urging everyone to join us! We will be bringing our demands to the streets of Indianapolis. It is often easy for our legislators to ignore us when we march in other states - often dismissing those events as full of "East Coast liberals" or "paid protestors". But when we turn out in force in our state's capitol and raise up voices of impacted communities, marginalized peoples, and those on the frontlines of fighting for climate justice, it will be impossible for them to tune us out.

I hope to see everyone at the People's Climate March Indiana! We will be gathering at 10:30 am at the War Memorial in Indianapolis for speakers and music, then marching through the streets of Indy to speak truth to power in a united, urgent, and relentless voice. Please see more details on our Facebook event page.

Climate Warriors Unite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Earth Warriors: Clinging to Hope

Go (Mid)west, young woman

Tragedy & Transformation