The Strength of the Standing Rock Sioux

A few of the tipis at the Oceti Oyate camp.
Photo taken by my friend Joshua Taflinger
Today they come for the Water Protectors.

They are coming for those who are standing up for their rights, their land, their water – and for us all.

They are going to try to forcibly remove Native Americans from their ancestral lands again.

Will this never end?

The Standing Rock Sioux have endured more than I can possibly imagine – more than most people can even comprehend. And they are being asked to endure even more.

I wish I could be there, to stand alongside them. I know many who are or who have been and they all return changed in a way. They have stood alongside the bravest, most terrorized, most marginalized, strongest people that have ever walked this land; and that experience opens their mind and spirit in ways that I can only hope to one day experience.

The Lakota and their allies are fighting to protect water, land, and, indeed, the climate for everyone.

And they are fighting for their continued existence. For their children. For their culture. For their survival as a people.

May they stand strong.

May they persist far beyond today.

And may they slaughter the black snake that is threatening their land.

My spirit is with them and my strength is theirs.

#NoDAPL #MniWiconi #WaterIsLife #StandWithStandingRock #ActOnClimate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Earth Warriors: Clinging to Hope

Go (Mid)west, young woman

Tragedy & Transformation