requiem

What to do
What to say
I feel like the world
Ain't a clue
As to the world of shit that it's in

Look at me
Here I'll be
Just desperately
Trying to fit in
While waiting for it all to burn

Every day I try
To hide my tears
My fears
My certainty
That it's likely all fruitless

Until people
Everyone everywhere
Realize the truth
Of this crisis
We are heading toward doom

Every single death
From heatstroke
From flood
From hurricane
From insect-borne disease
From starvation
From thirst
Caused by a shifting climate
Is a murder with no hope of justice

What is violence if not this?
If not now?
If not here?
If not everywhere?
Corporations killing millions
For blood soaked money
Earned through fossilized black gold and dust

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Earth Warriors: Clinging to Hope

Go (Mid)west, young woman

Tragedy & Transformation